Space access and permissions are managed by User Roles.
Types of Users
- Admins are the owners of the workspace. They can manage users and workspace settings, and
- Have full access to all Admin Menu options (including Billing)
- Only Admins have the option to 'kick' non-Member users (eject from the workspace) and force mute their microphones in the workspace
- Can update reachable range to X64
- Cannot 'kick' any users from an oVice space
- May view the members and guest list (but cannot make any changes)*
- May have access to the static object page*
*Member access to the Member and Guest Lists and the Static Object Page is contingent on the permissions allowed in Admin Settings by Space Administrators. Learn more HERE.
- Visitors are users who have entered a certain space at least once.
- Visitors can enter inside a Private space once allowed in by an authorized Member or Admin for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours of inactivity, visitors will revert to Guest status and won't be able to freely rejoin (may knock to request entry to a private space).
- The proximity range of Visitor-created Dynamic Objects is limited to X2.
- Visitors do not have access to the Space Settings page.
- Visitors can be kicked out of a workspace by an Admin.
- Visitors can be force-muted by an Admin.
- Guests are generally first-time, non-registered users, and typically have been invited via link to a meeting scheduled in a Meeting Room.
- In a Private oVice Space, Guests may not access the open workspace area. Invited Guests may enter a meeting room; however, if a guest leaves the meeting room, they will find themselves in the Lobby.
- A guest has to knock for an entrance permit every time they want to have access to a private space.
- Guests do not have access to the Space Settings page.
- Guests can be kicked out of a workspace by an Admin.
- Guests can be force-muted by an Admin.
General Authority and Permissions
|Granting Users' Authority/Roles|
|Access to Member and Guest User Lists in Space Settings||Dependent on Permissions Granted|
Space Settings Menu
|Static Object Settings Menu||Dependent on Permissions Granted|
|Static Object Edit Permissions||Dependent on Permissions Granted||Dependent on Permissions Granted|
|Member Access Settings|
|Meeting Room Settings|
|Member Whitelist Eligibility||N/A||PW only authenticates for the first time, email, domains, etc. authenticated every time||N/A||N/A|
|Visitor Whitelist Eligibility||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Space Access||PW only authenticates for the first time, email, domains, etc. authenticated every time|
|Public Space Access|
Private Space Access
|Meeting Room Access|
|Access to Open Workspace (Public Space)|
|Access to Open Workspace (Private Space)|
|Proximity Range Limit of Dynamic Objects||X 64||X 64||X 2|
|Search (User List)|
|Force Mute Other Users|
|Force Kick Other Users from Space|
|Meeting Room Schedule|
|Use Megaphone Feature||Dependent on Permissions Granted||Dependent on Permissions Granted|
|Use Chat Feature|
|Change Background Music (Edit Embedded Object)||Dependent on Permissions Granted||Dependent on Permissions Granted|