User roles that may create or edit the permanent objects in your space may be set in the space settings by an administrator.
What is a Space Object?
In ovice, the term object refers to an item in the space that performs a specific function that a user may connect to or otherwise engage with. Space Objects specifically are fixed objects placed in the space by the administrator.
How to Add a New Space Object
1. Click the hamburger menu at the top left of the screen, and select the Space tab.
2. Click Customize space → Static Tools and Rooms → Click Add Static Tools/Room
3. Select the type of space object you want to install (ex: Meeting Group, External Embed, Bulletin Board, etc).
4. Drag the object on the editing screen to place it in the space.
5. Enter a value for the Static tool name
6. Select users you wish to be able to interact with the object from the Object Permissions pull-down list (not required for image space objects).
|Admin||Only admins can connect and edit in spaces|
|Member||Administrators and members can connect and edit on the space|
|Visitor||Administrators, members, and visitors can connect and edit in the space.|
Select the user permissions that will be permitted to connect to and edit objects in the space.
7. Optional: enter a Description ( no settings required for window sockets and image space objects )
This content can be viewed in the space. If you do not add a descriptive text, a default description will be displayed for each object.
Using Space Objects
8. Set up other Objects - see below:
9. Click Save
For information on displaying grid and space objects, see below:
Space Customization Settings
When installing a YouTube object, select Embed External Service in step 2 above, and select YouTube as the service to embed.